It's Teacher Week '13! I am linking up with Blog Hoppin' to learn more about teachers' blogs that I follow, and want to participate in the week long project. Each day there is a "linky party" with a "hot teacher topic".Todays's topic:
Meet the Teacher - Miss Julia
1. I just moved to Wilmington, NC to teach at a school I have been wanting to be a part of since my first year of teaching - 8 years ago!! Teaching 5th grade and can't wait to start!!
2. I don't have cable, but rely heavily on Netflix for old sitcoms that I used to watch when I was a kid. I wish they would stream Seinfeld, but it's ok because I have all seasons on DVD.
3. My favorite author is Jerry Spinelli! My favorite book by him is Stargirl!
4. My favorite place to be is on the beach at sunset or sunrise. I don't make it there often enough, but now that I live near the beach once again, hopefully that will change! (that picture was taken in Australia when I was there for a semester of college)
5. My favorite thing about teaching are the deep conversations I can have with kids while they are reflecting on a piece of literature.
6. If I had the money, I would be a full time spa junky. I love massages, facials, and pedicures. I don't really like manicures because I hate not being able to touch anything when it is done.
7. I could hang out in Barnes and Noble for hours on end and not even realize it!
8. I am a little obsessed with clean eating, and also like to try different activities that have me exercising in a fun way. I love TRX!
9. I have a weakness for scratch-off lottery tickets.
10. A few random things: I have a guitar and wish I could really play it, I believe I am a teacher bc the only other job I would really, truly love is to be a musician/singer and I am not nearly as good at that as I am at teaching, I still have dreams about my dog we had when I was a kid - Angel, I secretly wish everything was not as technologically advanced - I like putting grades in a grade book!, I have a bad habit of trying new things and getting bored quickly, the turtle that has been in my classroom since I moved in is starting to grow on me (but I do think he should be set free into the wild bc he really doesn't belong in a tank).
There you have it! I hope you enjoyed meeting me, and I can't wait to read about you!