These are actually quite easy to assemble once you have the materials altogether. It may feel like a lot of running from place to place, but trust me, once you have them, you will love them! And so will the kiddos!
Materials you will need:
- plywood I went to Lowe's and the kind gentleman there measured the crate, cut the wood and then shaved the corners. He also mentioned that he might have done this before... Don't think you have to go into Lowe's knowing the dimensions of what you need cut. They are more than happy to do it, since it is there job :)
- Staple Gun $10 at Lowe's, and will surely come in handy again!
- Foam Mattress Padding I got this from Target (Back to School sale!)
- Crates Target, Walmart, Big Lots
- Fabric - for 6 crates I needed 1 1/2 yards. Joanne Fabrics has great coupons and also gives a 15% teacher discount!
I measured the foam by placing the piece of plywood on the foam and tracing it with a Sharpie. I was able to cut it just fine with regular scissors. I then cut the fabric by placing the foam on the plywood, then placing that on the fabric and measured how much I needed so I could wrap the fabric and staple onto the wood. After that, I was able to drop the finished piece onto the crate, and it holds me!